It is with great pleasure that we can report that cricket will return to Tilford Green on Saturday 11th July, subject to the receipt of guidance from the ECB.
We have had a fantastic response from everyone in the club – so far 30 players have expressed an interest to play this coming Saturday so we are looking to give everyone an opportunity to play and, assuming everyone turns up we will organize a round robin tournament with 3 teams playing a short form limited over format.
We ask that players arrive at Tilford at 12:15 to help setup for the day as there will be much to be done as this is the first game of the season. Partners and friends are very welcome to enjoy the spectacle of cricket returning, but we suggest you aim to bring your own chairs etc. where possible.
We are still awaiting formal guidance from the ECB, but are working on the following assumptions:
- Personal health and safety is paramount.
- Anyone feeling unwell or showing symptoms (fever, cough, loss of smell or taste) should NOT play or attend any game.
- Anyone developing symptoms up to 5 days after the game should notify the committee so we can advise any players with whom they have come into contact that they need to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Players should arrive changed as there will be no access to changing rooms or showers.
- Players should bring food and drink for the day as there will be no tea provided.
- TCC will provide 3 hand sanitation stations at Tilford Green, but players are encouraged to provide their own personal hand sanitisers.
- There must be no application of sweat or saliva to the ball.
- Players should social distance as much as possible before, during and after the game both on and off the field.
Also note that Junior Cricket is returning with an 8-a-side match starting at 10 o’clock so make a day of it and support Tilford’s future too!